Top Career Books for Women to Kick-off the New Year
Paying for textbooks was probably one of the most dreadful parts about college. You stand in line for hours after scouring the aisles to make sure there are still enough books. At the register the total comes in anywhere from $500 - $2,000 depending on your major. Ugh!
If you’re still in college, we can wholeheartedly empathize. If you’re out - we survived! The best part about learning (especially after college) is that you can find it in so many ways. Login to YouTube and there are literally millions of videos teaching you everything from photography, writing, car parts, office programs, etc. Last year also saw a huge spike in podcasts from fiction stories to teaching management.
Education is boundless so long as you’re willing to learn.
Sometimes a good book is all one needs though. Even with the popularity of e-books and online editions, there is something special about holding a book, reading and flipping through the pages.
Get ahead of the new year by putting some of these books on your reading list.
- It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be: The world's best selling book by Paul Arden
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- The Art of War for Women: Sun Tzu's Ancient Strategies and Wisdom for Winning at Work by Chin-Ning Chu
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert